Bungaree Station

Bungaree Station

Accommodation

Bungaree Station is a vital part of South Australia’s pastoral heritage. The Station was established in 1841 by GC Hawker and his brothers with 2000 sheep, and, at that time it was the most Northern settlement in the state. Later, it became the headquarters of an extensive property, running 100,000 merino sheep, with its own church, station store, district council chambers, homestead and staff cottages. Today, as well as being an efficient mixed farm run by the fourth and fifth generations of the Hawker family, Bungaree Station offers beautiful heritage accommodation, history tours, and venues for weddings and functions.

Related Articles

OTHER LOCAL ICONS